Travel Wallet




 So you can obviously tell I got new material, since this will be the second project in as many days in which I have used the red/orange/green/brown floral fabric in.

If you’ve read my intro section you may know I’m going to Japan in December – which is making me smile just thinking about all the fabric I will be able to hoard! But this travel wallet isn’t actually for me; it’s for a friend of mine who is backpacking across Europe over Christmas and New Year.

There are some amazing tutorials out there on how to make travel wallets, so here are some links:


1. Lace Travel Wallet
2. Craftster travel wallet
 3. Burdastyle travel wallet



I really liked all three of these travel wallets but I wasn't too sure if a snap closure would be secure enough. When you see travel wallets in stores they all seem to have a zip closure - ones that goes all the way around, and I really wanted to try and replicate this. But having never tried it before I thought it would be an epic disaster. However, given that I pinned the zipper to death and even though I jabbed my poor fingers many times in the process - it wasn't all that bad.

I'm thinking about posting a tutorial for my travel wallet as I have yet to make one for myself for Japan. So if you would like one give us a shout. Anyways, here is the zippy travel wallet.


closed
Tah-Dah - when it's open

card slot, zipper coin pocket side

passport storage, plane ticket storage, pen holder side




mel@all.wrapped.up Web Developer

The indecisive crafter

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea, I love this! And right in time for the holidays!! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to learn how to put in an "all around zipper". Hope you get time to make one for yourself before your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I originally commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time a comment
    is added I get four emails with the same comment. Is there
    any way you can remove people from that service? Cheers!

    My blog :: ročne ure

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! I found your site while searching for a travel wallet pattern and I really love your design. At the end of the wallet post, you mentioned adding a tutorial, but I was not able to find it. Do you still have the pattern or any other photos of the wallet? I went on a trip last year and made due with what I had, but have another trip coming up and think this would make my life sooo much easier. Is there any chance you have the pattern available online or even for purchase? Please let me know--I would definitely pay for this pattern! I haven't found anything like it anywhere...
    Please just let me know.
    Thanks so much!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete