Happy Blogiversary


I can't believe it has been a whole year since I started blogging - albeit intermittently and haphazardly. 

Looking back at my first post I have achieved probably half of what I said I would do - which is just about on par with how my life tends to run. I still haven't transferred my tutorials over from cutout and keep but I have managed to blog about my other favourite procrastinating activities. I have learnt so many new things this year from teaching myself to take photos with proper lighting and a white background (instead of the cringe-worthy photos of my first tutorial) to starting my own business and learning to use my new sewing machine with its dozens of feet and buttons and stitches (my 20 year old singer had 2 stitch settings).

I've loved this past year - been able to share all my tutorials with my readers and my even more dedicated followers. And to those who have commented I truly truly appreciate it. I never expected that my blog would gain such a wide readership, having been featured on websites in languages I need to google translate to understand. Now one year on from my first post I've had at least 3 blog redesigns, an additional 46 posts - almost one a week (more like 5 in a week and then none for 2 months but I digress), over 86,000 page views and 103 followers and it means so so much to me. In fact all your support has given me the confidence to open my handmade business - All Wrapped Up + Handmade. I will be having my first market stall selling my own handmade bags and purses next month - which means more tutorials will be up over the next few weeks as I challenge myself to churn out as much product as I can. 
Here is a sneak peek at my new label and business cards (not just cheapskate ones I printed at home but proper ones - with straight cut edges, because you all know I don't handle scissors and straight lines well).

250 business cards with proper edges and everything
The label - work in progress

The business card

Happy Crafting!
Mel 

mel@all.wrapped.up Web Developer

The indecisive crafter

3 comments:

  1. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member (blog follower)

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your blogiversary. It sounds like you've achieved a lot in a year... hope the market goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi quilary,

    Thanks for your lovely and encouraging comments throughout the past year and for your well wishes during my exams. This year has been amazing but there are so many more things I want to try. Starting with the fact that I'm one of those people who loves to read comments but always forgets to comment back or even follow back, mostly as I have my blogs bookmarked - so starting today I will try an improve - starting with your blog.

    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete