The fabric is a cutain weight cotton sateen from Spotlight which I had bought in the hopes of turning it into an apron due to it's large print, but once home I realised the sheen of it was much better suited to a dress, alas with only one meter it makes for a very short, and somewhat tight dress.
As with many other bloggers who made the Sonja dress I had to alter the bodice to fit. I cut a size 6 and next time I might have to grade at the waist. Due to only having a meter of fabric, I made a circle skirt of the remaining fabric. I also bagged and lined the dress as per this tutorial over at Sew Me Love (my go to tutorial for such things); which was a bit more difficult given the narrow straps of the bodice and the thin lining fabric but this is why I have a lone chopstick hanging around in my sewing tools.
The directional print of the fabric means I should've cut seperate pieces for the circle skirt but I couldn't squeeze it in - at least the front worked out well.
All in all, this is a great summer staple dress pattern and I definitely would recommend it to others.
Sneak peek of my next post, my very first leather bucket bag, which nearly killed my sewing machine.